Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Cute and Casual- Amanda

As you can probably tell from my bio, I LOVE fashion. I am in no way a fashionista, but I like to think I have a great style. I thought I would start off with a fun little post that includes my pick for “Outfit of the Day”, five of my spring fashion must-have, and a cute outfit for a night out.

My featured outfit of the week comes from our own Catherine’s little sister, Margaret.
Margaret’s outfit is cute and comfy and SO easy to try yourself. Start off with your favorite pair of jeans then add a cute patterned tank. On top of your tank add a ¾ length sleeved cardigan and a floral scarf. As for shoes, add a cute pair of comfy and warm furry boots and there you go. Special thanks to Margaret for letting us use her for our first ever “Outfit of the Day”.

Up next, I have an outfit for every girl to try! This outfit is so cute and casual, but it can also be perfect for a fashionable girl (like yourself).  There are five key pieces to this outfit: a blue button up, dark skinny jeans, brown knee high boots, a brown belt, and a brown hobo bag. Pictured below are my picks for this outfit. The shirt, jeans, and belt are from Forever 21. The riding boots are from Zappos.com and the brown hobo bag is from American Eagle. I find that light blue works best with this outfit because you don’t want the outfit to be too dark overall. You should try to keep the browns around the same shade, but that can be difficult sometimes and it really isn’t that big of a deal. Another thing that you have to determine is the type of bag that fits you. The hobo bag is a great bag to have in general, but for some girls it’s just too big. If you find that you’re not big on that bag, swap it out for something smaller, like a cross-body bag or a clutch, but make sure that it’s in the same shade of brown as your boots and belt. Another tip I have for this outfit is to keep it simple. I personally don’t add accessories to this outfit because it looks great without, but if you find that you want to add some jewelry, I say gold accessories on this one. Most brown boots will have gold metal details (if any) and the belts I looked at all had a gold finish on the buckle, so you’ll want everything to look uniform. This outfit is definitely an easy one to imitate and you can easily swap out items for pieces that are more your taste. This is the perfect simple, clean, and tasteful outfit for any night out.  Happy Shopping and remember less is more. Stay Classy. :)


Finally, the moment you’ve all been waiting for… Amanda’s Five Spring Fashion Must-Haves!
#1. Striped Blazer. Perfect for layering and can be business or casual.  
(Forever 21)
#2. Floral Scarf. This is my favorite must-have because it’s great to pair with any outfit, so fun and most of all girly.
(Forever 21)
#3. Oversized Print Tee. Perfect for spring because it’s so fun and will definitely help you stand out this season.
(Forever 21)
#4.  Lace ballet flats. This is a trend that I love right now. If you buy these in a cream color you can wear them with tons of different outfits, but they also come in fun colors.
(Forever 21)
#5. Bright color twist lock cross-body. Bright colors are so in this spring, so pick up my #5 pick and stay up on the trend.
 
(Forever 21)
Well that’s all for now. I hope you’ve enjoyed my first fashion post. Be Strong, Bold, and Brave. -Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment