Tuesday, February 14, 2012

They Judge it Like They Know About Me and You - Amanda

The reason I love Valentine’s Day is just that. LOVE. A whole day dedicated to the most wonderful and special feeling in the entire world. Okay, I understand why some people hate Valentine’s Day. Trust me, I get it, but they must not have the most amazing and perfect guy in 
whole world’s heart. Oh wait… they couldn’t possibly because I do.

Valentine’s Day is such a wonderful day because I have a wonderful guy to celebrate it with. As much as I love Valentine’s though, I don’t need it. I don’t need a holiday to tell Scott how much I love him. He definitely knows. (Sorry, you’re boyfriend’s probably nice too, but mine’s PERFECT.) With Scott and I timing was everything. Literally we had the same best friend for four years and never met once, but when we finally did meet everything was absolutely perfect. I chalk it up to fate, but he’s still mad that I didn’t go to that Halloween party freshman year where’s he’s convinced we would have fallen in love four years early (Not that I don’t agree, but falling in love after high school was perfectly fine with me). While I may have missed out on four whole years of not knowing the love of my life, I have had the best 1 year and 7 months that I ever could have imagine. And honestly it doesn’t even feel like a little more than a year and a half. It feels like a lifetime.
In honor of Valentine’s Day I’ve put together a little playlist of songs that I love because they feel like they were written for Scott and I. Here’s a little summary of why I love these songs and even if you’re not a country song give this playlist a try. I made it with love. ;)

Ours- Taylor Swift
This is a recent addition to songs I’m obsessed with. First off, whether or not you like T. Swift you have to admit she writes some catchy songs especially for those who love love songs (like me). This song is absolutely one hundred percent written for me. The one line that I love is “Seems like there’s always someone who disapproves. They’ll judge it like they know about me and you. And the verdict comes from those with nothing else to do. The jury’s out, my choice is you.” There’s nothing that bothers me more than people who think they know about my relationship or that my relationship is their choice. Because it’s not. It’s my choice. And that choice will always and forever be Scott.

Take Me There- Rascal Flatts
This song in general is so amazing. It just a beautiful song about loving someone so much you want to know everything about them. And who doesn’t love Rascal Flatts?! I mean really…

I Love You This Big- Scotty McCreery
This song gives me chills. I absolutely love it. My favorite part, “I love you to the moon and back. I love you all the time. Deeper than the ocean. And higher than the pines.” No other way to describe it. That is how you should feel about the person you spend forever with.

All Your Life- The Band Perry
This song is so beautiful. Being willing to do anything for the one you love and knowing that you are the only one that they love and that’s all you ever want.

She’s Everything- Brad Paisley
Oh Brad Paisley… I don’t even know what to say about this song. I think Brad knows Scott and I because this is about us. Completely (and kind of creepy).

You- Chris Young
Chris Young is a lyrical genius (If he even wrote this song… Sorry, I have no clue). Summary of me and my boy, “I never found anything that makes me feel like I do about you.”

A Woman Like You- Lee Brice
OHMYGOSH. I love this song. It’s so cute. It’s just so perfect. It will make smile even if you’re a Valentine’s Scrooge.
Without You- Keith Urban
Keith Urban. What can I say about this song? …perfection. Once again, this is how you should feel about the person you are going to spend the rest of your life with. I think the most amazing line and one of my favorite lines of all time is, “Without you I’d survive. But I’d have to have the notion. That I could live this life. Just going through the motions.” That line gets me every single time and I think it’s because I know exactly what he’s saying here. I could survive without the one I love, but it wouldn’t really be surviving. Life would just be going through life with a meaning or a purpose.

**I know I didn’t include every song on my Spotify playlist, but just trust me they are all worth the listen. **

Link to my playlist: Enjoy <3

Happy Valentine’s Day. Know that no matter if you have a valentine or not, you are always loved even if it may not feel like it. And in the words of Lee Brice, “Be a best friend, tell the truth. And overuse “I love you”. Go to work, do your best. Don’t outsmart your common sense. Never let your prayin’ knees get lazy. And love like crazy.”

And finally to Scott,
I love you with all my heart and there is no one in this entire world that will ever change that. Always and forever. I can’t wait to spend forever with you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment